Just after I sent my last post out into the world I received a comment informing me that I had been nominated for the Liebster Award by an interesting Irish bloke…historian, musician, poet, and teacher. I love how quickly words travel in this day and age.
You can check him out here:
I am copying the rules of the award from his blog
I will quote from his blog about the Liebster Award, that he in turn quoted from his nominator:
The Liebster Award is very unique in the fact it brings recognition to the smaller blogs of the ‘verse. With that in mind, all of the nominated blogs will have under 200 followers.
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag back thingys.
The chosen eleven
The Questions I was asked:
(1) What most defines the decade you were born in? I think the 1960’s were about change, taking a stand and creating a new way
(2) Why do you write/draw/paint etc? The stuff in my head needs to come out…
(3) What is your favourite gangster movie? I don’t know if you would consider it a gangster movie in the tradtional sense but I love Gross Pointe Blank…which is about a hitman
(4) What song most reminds you of your teenage years? I could never chose just one…perhaps I would say anything by Springsteen- especially the albums Darkness on the Edge of Town & the River…but we knew every word to every song on the Born to Run album: Thunder Road, Tenth Avenue Freeze Out, Born to Run, Jungle Land, and She’s the One
(5) What is your favourite period of history? Whatever period I am learning about at any given moment…but I am partial to the late 18th century, living in Philadelphia, I was the (live-in) site manager for an historical house museum- The Samuel Powel House- he was the last mayor of Philadelphia under the British Royal Crown & the first mayor under the US Constitution…he and his wife Elizabeth were good friends with George & Martha Washington.
(6) What is your favourite swear word? Fuck
(7) What is your favourite TV programme? I recently realized I have been watching a long-running soap opera, General Hospital- off and on for over 30 years…
(8) Describe yourself in three words? Open, Creative, Grateful
(9) Name the person that influenced you the most? My father believed that the key to success was figuring out what makes you happy…not necessarily an easy thing to do…but a worthwhile task, because if you don’t know what makes you happy, no one else will either.
(10)Do we, as a society, value beauty over intellect? I think there are people who do, but I work to attract people into my life who value intellect…AND who can see the beauty in things that aren’t especially so.
(11) If someone made a movie of your life what would it be called? Happy
My eleven questions to you!
- What inspires your creativity?
- What historical figure would you care to spend an hour with?
- Who’s your favorite author?
- What’s the best piece of advice you were ever given?
- What’s your favorite quote or current mantra?
- Where is the next place you hope to travel?
- What’s one talent you don’t have that you wish you did?
- What’s your favorite chic flick (romantic comedy)?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- What’s your favorite guilty pleasure?
- What’s your favorite swear word?
Eleven Facts about me
- I am a registered tour guide for the city of Philadelphia
- I once gave a tour to the Kennedy family, including Senator Ted & Caroline, and about 15 others.
- I have visited 48 of the 50 United States
- I have never watched one episode of the Law & Order television franchise series…Special Victims Unit, Criminal Intent…or otherwise…despite the fact one of them always seems to be playing somewhere at all times.
- I love a good chocolate chip cookie
- While doing some genealogy research I discovered I share ancestry (a great-grandfather way, way, way, way back) with Queen Elizabeth… Scottish royalty
- I have dreams where people speak to me in other languages…so I am taking a German class so I can learn what they are saying
- The next city I would like to visit is Berlin, followed by Edinburgh
- I believe time is folded, not linear
- My friends range in age from teens to their 90’s…I recently lost a friend who died at the age of 98
- I like to laugh every day